Tuesday, October 12, 2010

A New Client, well, not really...and Some Chocolate

I have been working on a project for a new client. Actually, they are not new, I worked on their family room / playroom last year. Now, we are working on sprucing up the upstairs living room / foyer, two bathrooms and the master bedroom. They don't know it yet, but I going to recommend wallpaper! I love wallpaper! I know it is a nightmare as well, but it is so beautiful. In our remodel, two rooms have wallpaper. I know, I know, I still haven't really shown my own house, but I am working on it!
Anyway, I went to the wallpaper store today and made some selections that I snapped some photos of. I hope they go for it. They biggest obstacle will most likely be cost. The two walls I am going to recommend are quite large and high so the quantity of paper needed will be high. We might have to do a stenciled wallpaper pattern. Anyway, here are some ideas I am looking at...
"Browns" are the direction I am heading. I have been waiting for this room to "speak" to me. Finally, last night around midnight, it finally said "chocolate" Luckily I did not mistake that for a need for a midnight eating binge. Most likely I am leaning towards this paper on the right.

I added this blue paper in the posting because it is just so beautiful. Maybe this could go in the master bedroom? Probably not, I think that room will need a great fabric to "speak" to me for an upholstered headboard.

I will be working for the next week or so to finalize my presentation to the clients and will keep updating as the project moves forward.

1 comment:

Jackie said...

Hey Laura - I am a follower and I also posted info about your blog on my blog! You should check out Jacob's Lego League blog too. He is the blog master so that is fun for us. ~Jackie