Thursday, January 27, 2011

A Little Love for the Tin Man

So, I decided to have a little fun since I was so restrained with my Valentine Mantel.

So I decided to help the Tin Man find his heart for Valentine’s Day.

tinman wreath 002

I loved the riveted pieces of venting pipe and they fit together to make a wreath shape.

tinman wreath 003

tinman wreath 004 

I found these “elbows” in Lowe’s, I think it was for venting.  I picked up four of the them.

 tinman wreath 006 

In order to make the wreath, you need to join two set of two, and then join them to each other.  If you join three and try to add the fourth, it doesn’t really work.

tinman wreath 007

I got the frame design for the tag from the Graphics Fairy.

I rotated the image, added the oil can clip art and the text.  I am old school and not trained in much graphic software.  I actually use Power Point because it allows me to layer text and pictures / images.

tinman wreath 002

I pulled the hearts off of a garland that I had but was not using.

That is it!

I will be sharing at the CSI Project for their Valentine party and some of the other parties on my sidebar.

Thanks for stopping by and have a great one!

16 comments:

Tanya said...

Ahhh, this is sooooo cute! I love it. The Wizard of Oz is one of my favorites. This is just beyond cute! Great job :)

Jess said...

That is so awesome!

Carmen @ Life with Sprinkles on Top said...

What a cute idea. So original!

Nike@ChooseToThrive said...

Popping in from The CSI Project ...

How cool is this? I LOVE it!

Cheryl Marie said...

VERY cute!

Lina Thomlinson said...

So clever and utterly adorable!

Emily Carter said...

I think this is the most fun thing ever! But now, I want to see you keep going. Make a straw one for the scarecrow, and a furry one for the lion!
Thanks for linking up!

Sassy's Ramblin's said...

OOOOHH! My favorite movie! This is incredible! I so love love love this!!! Thanks for the inspiration...!

Jane@Little House of Projects said...

This is so creative and unique! Totally smile-provoking!

Kristin Aquariann said...

Wondrously creative idea! That's definitely the best Valentine's wreath I've ever seen. My flying monkey would probably try to chew on it, though.

Btw, I'm stopping by from Funky Junk's Saturday Nite Special and hope you'll come join my Winter Blog Hop, too.

Sherry @ No Minimalist Here said...

This is so cute and what a fun idea! How creative.
Hugs,
Sherry

Patricia @ 9th and Denver said...

Well, now that is a wreath of a different color!
I love it! All things Oz-- great idea!

Amanda @ Frills and Frolic said...

I found you over at Whipperberry! Love the project & I am your newest follower!

Amanda

frillsandfrolic.blogspot.com

michelle said...

That is so cute!! I love it! You are so clever my friend!!

(don't mind me, catching up today! :) )

Grace @ Sense and Simplicity said...

What a clever idea. Such an original cute wreath.

Shorey Alys said...

This was one of the first things that I saw that got me hooked on this whole crafting blogging world...LOVE IT!!! :)