Thursday, November 18, 2010

Carpe Diem, Mon Ami

So something you do not know about me is that my husband travels.  A lot.  He travels in the US, but many of his travels take him to Europe and Asia.  The amazing thing about my husband is that when he is home, he is HOME.  There are definitely days though it gets old for him to be gone so often, especially when the girls were younger
For eleven years he has been traveling to all of these places and I have never traveled anywhere with him.  Back in 2001 we were scheduled to go to a wedding in Japan for his distributor.  And then, 9/11 happened and we knew we could not both leave the country with an 11 month old baby girl.
Then, this last spring, he was going to be in Paris for the weekend and did I want to use his frequent flyer miles and meet him?  And so that was the plan.  I even made it to the airport.  And I sat there for six hours.  Unfortunately, this was the day the volcano blew and shut down all of Europe.  My husband spent a weekend alone in Paris.
So, a few months ago he began asking me about taking another trip with him.  It wasn’t going to fall into place as easily, but did I want to head over to meet him again.  I struggled with this decision for a host of reasons, until I realized something..
Life is short.  Who knows if this opportunity will ever happen again.
So, pending no disasters (please keep us in your prayers), I will be leaving on a plane tomorrow to meet my husband in Paris for the weekend.  I realize how lucky I am to have this opportunity.  I also realize how lucky I am to have a family who is able and willing to step in and take care of my children.  And, I know they will be well taken care of and I will actually be able to enjoy myself.
I can not believe I am going to have four days, alone, with my husband.  After 16 years of marriage and 20 years together, I really still like my husband, as well as love him and for that I am extremely thankful.
So, I am hoping to be able to see things like this..
Yes, he is willing to walk the flea markets with me!  The weather is not suppose to be great, but who cares?  We are not going to do much of the tourist stuff, really just spend time together and hopefully go on a few treasure hunts.
And this…
And so, I ask you to accept my apologies for no posts this week.  I have been getting life in order enough to leave for a few days.  I am going to try to sneak in a quick post before I leave, but just in case…
Seize the day my friend.

8 comments:

Miranda @ Pressing On said...

I LOVE it. I'm sure you're going to have a fantastic time. What a great opportunity. Enjoy your time alone with your man :)

Elizabeth said...

Well, if one is going to seize the day, Paris is definitely the way to do it!

Have a wonderful, wonderful time!

Unknown said...

Hi! I just awarded you the Stylish Blogger Award on my recent post! Just thought I'd let you know :)

-Kendall
{songbirdsandbuttons.blogspot.com}

Low Tide High Style said...

Oh how exciting for you! My husband travels extensively for his job too, and I never seem to be able to go, so I can relate!

Ok, here are a few must go places (for food of course lol) that you'll love! Take tea, or to die for hot chocolate at Laduree along the Champs Elysees. They have several other locations but this one is perfect for people watching and be sure to get an assortment of their yummy macaroons!

Second, if you get a chance try to go to the original Berthillon for a sorbet. It's located on the Ile Saint Louis...just be sure to walk to the original, because as soon as you cross the bridge to the Ile Saint Louis there will be signs for Berthillon but those are not the original salon, it's further down on the Ile and off a quaint street!

Of course there are all sorts of wonderful places to shop...but these are just two fun places to take a break from all of that wonderful shopping and get a treat!

Have a wonderful time!!!

Kat :)

michelle said...

Oh my goodness I am such a dork! I just sent you an email and asked what you were doing this weekend! I don't how I missed this!! have fun and take lots of pictures!!! Safe travels to you and praying that all goes well! :)

V@WhimsyLamb said...

Have a great trip your hubby! Every couple needs that!

Beth @beth-adam.blogspot.com said...

Have a wonderful time! I LOVE Paris!! There is something magical about being in that city!!! :) I can't wait to go back, but until then I can't wait to hear all about your trip!!

Anonymous said...

J'ai appris des choses interessantes grace a vous, et vous m'avez aide a resoudre un probleme, merci.

- Daniel